The BAFS 2014 symposium was a great opportunity to meet hundreds of Business Analysts from France and Switzerland, but also from Canada and USA, as Kevin Brennan introduced the symposium with the new version of BABoK, and Kathleen Hass shared her long experience about complex project management.
These are the new horizons of BA : on the downstream side, the synergy with Project Managers, on the upstream side the contribution to value creation !
I had the opportunity to present a paper on ‘BAFS 2014 – value central core concept of BABoKv3 GB- 20140626‘ both in Geneva and Paris the potential synergy with Value(s) methods :
- BA and VA/VM share definitions of Value and relations between core concepts,
- the system / value approach helps optimizing products, processes and organizations since 30+ years
- the role of BAs can be defined as ‘problem solvers’
There definitely is room for synergies between Business Analysis and Value Management : will IIBA add a ‘perspective’ to the BABoK v3 ? In any case, we will offer VM training to the BA community, in France, Switzerland and elsewhere !
Articles liés :
- IIBA et Business Analysis à BAFS 2014 : de la Valeur partout !
- A system approach to apply the Business Analysis Framework Core Concepts
- lancement officiel du ebook « à quoi ça sert ? » à l’Université de la Valeur le 31 août à Genève
- BAFS 2014 : le concept ‘valeur’ pour améliorer produits, process, SI et rôle du BA